- "Extraordinary people with special abilities doing their best to help others. They're superheroes."
- —Paige Dineen
Scorpion is a consultant team of geniuses who solve a wide range of problems, from simple installation to national threats. They are often hired by the American government, but also do private work as well. They are based out of Los Angeles, California.
Walter O'Brien decided to create a genius think tank, and recruited Toby Curtis, whom he met and bailed out at the casino Cornet Room, Happy Quinn, whom he encountered when she was paying people to act as her stand-in at fabrication competitions , and Sylvester Dodd, whom he tracked down after he stole 2,500 dollars from a bank but never turned in. The team was fully formed in 2008.
Two years after their initial formation, an old colleague of Walter's, Homeland Special Agent Cabe Gallo, came to him on behalf of the U.S. government to ask for help with a problem. While working on the case, the team met waitress Paige Dineen, whom Walter later hired due to her assistance in the case. Another year or so later, Tim Armstrong was assigned to them by Homeland, but he later left the team.
- Walter O'Brien (founder, leader, field member, computer and tech expert, capable combatant)
- Cabe Gallo (field member, protection and combat expert, government handler)
- Florence Tipton (field member and chemist expert)
- Ralph Dineen (Part-Time Member and computer expert)
- Mark Collins (field member, radio expert, turned traitor)
- Tim Armstrong (field member, protection and combat expert, left team)
- Paige Dineen (field member and social handler)
- Happy Quinn (field member, engineering and mechanical expert)
- Toby Curtis (field member, medical and behavorial/psychology expert)
- Sylvester Dodd (field member, computer and math expert)
- U.S. Government
- Dineen Family
- Ralph Dineen from season 1 to Part-time member.
- O'Brien Family
- Quinn Family
- Dodd Family